Sunday, August 28, 2005

Southern Branch get-to-gether

Bryan, Layna and the girls came down for the day yesturday. We had a great time, you can read Layna's comments here Bryan and Layna got a new Jeep, and actually trusted me to drive it, what a great ride. We had a couple of beers, Bryan introduced me to a beer I've never heard of, "Dogfish Head". It's an India Pale Ale (IPA), darker than I'm used to, and a bit more hoppy, but a very good beer, I think I'll look for more IPAs just to widen my taste range. After lunch we decided to go to The Streets at Southpoint, the mall closest to us, to get some ice cream at Marble Slab. Ophelia decided to swim in the fountain, not an actual concious decision, but I'm sure it was refreshing. Being a Saturday night, there were several local performers on the "Main Street" portion of the mall. We enjoyed our ice cream while listening to a guitarist.

No comments: